Announcement Time!


It's official! As in, Facebook official, that is. We made our public announcement on November 22, 2018, Thanksgiving night, after telling the last of Hubby's relatives at Thanksgiving dinner. Here's what we said online:

"One more Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends! This year, I'm excited to share that we have something extra special to be thankful for. Words cannot express how grateful, blessed, amazed, and overjoyed I was to learn this fall that I am now...a mother. Our family is growing, and though it be but little, it is fierce. This experience so far has taught us patience, gratitude, but above all, just how much we can love someone we haven't even met yet. As we approach our one-year wedding anniversary in a little over a week, I can't help but think of our wedding speeches--how we have something new to fill our life bars, and fill our hearts whole with happiness. Jayson was generous enough to let me completely run with a Beauty and the Beast theme for our wedding since it's my favorite, so I'm returning the favor for our pregnancy reveal. Captain America is his favorite superhero, and he even won Best Costume at his office Halloween contest. So here's a little secret Halloween photo we've saved to make the official announcement: Coming in early June 2019, proof that heroes come in all sizes. We hope and pray our little Avenger stays safe and healthy over the course of each trimester as we prepare for the most exciting next chapter of our lives! More maternity photos to come!"

I'm less familiar with Instagram, though eventually I'll post something there as well. And while it's so heartwarming to see the wishes of congratulations and all the 133+ likes, I didn't post for social media status. I wanted to tell my news to the world for three months, and now I finally can! No more secrets, no more waiting. And it's the best feeling to be able to share something so meaningful with friends. I soak up the radiated warmth when I see others on Facebook sharing equally significant news. As much as Facebook can get a bad rap sometimes, it's a community. It allows us to know what's going on in each other's lives, even when we're on different sides of the country.

Also, I worked hard trying to come up with an awesome announcement photo! In an age where every pregnancy announcement trope has been done over and over again, I still wanted to be somewhat unique, and do something that was meaningful to us. So we showed off our geeky sides while still using stylish and coordinated outfits and making use of good lighting. Our work paid off--one of my friends asked who our photographer was, appreciating the professional quality. I proudly told her it was my parents!

One last announcement note: not everyone has social media, of course, so I also decided to make a printed card (I can't help it--first baby has me excited!). I used the same library card theme as from our wedding "Save the Date" cards, but updated it for a birth announcement and shared it with our library friends who would appreciate it the most. Now we have a variety of positive vibes to keep us going through the next eight weeks until our anatomy scan ultrasound. Lots to look forward to as we wrap up the first trimester and enter into trimester #2!

Wedding Save the Date card from July 2017

Baby Announcement card from November 2018


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans and Letting Go

Hashtag Mom Life

Week of Firsts