Cry Me a River

Yes, this Willow Tree figure called "New Life" is just one of many things that made me cry this pregnancy.

I have to admit, the second trimester isn't quite as frustrating as the first one. There are no more secrets to keep. There is no more nausea. I don't feel quite as tired anymore (but I still nap more than I ever did before). And even my acne has managed to calm down (Knock on wood! Knock on wood!).

There are still some complaints present, however, and if I'm going to be documenting my pregnancy I regularly have to post both the good and the bad. There is still plenty of itchy skin. There is still plenty of random growth pains. I still have to go to the bathroom every time I stand up from the couch.

Oh, and there's those lovely hormones that control my moods.

I thankfully haven't had anything even close to depression so far this pregnancy, but that doesn't mean I've escaped the crying-for-no-reason stage (or crying for perfectly good reasons but blowing them out of proportion much more than necessary).

Here are the recent reasons this pregnant lady was brought to tears:

  • A Facebook post by one of Hubby's aunts about his cousin's second to last Christmas with the family (he'll be going away for college).
  • Looking in the mirror, feeling ugly, and missing my husband (who had to work on a Saturday I was off)
  • Finding a figurine online of a couple holding a baby.
  • Watching my own Facebook Memories video of the year 2018.
  • Getting overwhelmed by a fight between relatives just before Hubby was going to take me on a Christmas date.
  • Listening to Whitney Houston sing in The Preacher's Wife movie.
  • Coming home from Christmas Eve with my parents to hear Hubby complain about football.

Thankfully, I have a very supportive and somewhat patient husband who was willing to comfort me during emotional outbursts and cheer me back to my usual self. I actually don't mind this aspect of pregnancy that much since there can be something extremely therapeutic about having a good cry. I still hope I don't turn into a blubbering mess in public, but if I suddenly break down at a restaurant because my food has gotten cold, at least I have a good excuse!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans and Letting Go

Hashtag Mom Life

Week of Firsts