Bonding, Bears, and Barf, Oh My!


The good news about the third trimester is that you really start to feel closer to your baby. As the due date slowly approaches, you start to prepare in earnest, you truly feel (and look) pregnant, and those special movements remind you that you have a living being inside you that you just can't wait to meet!

The bad news is that third trimester is when the real complaints begin. I was feeling pretty good about trimester three until St. Patrick's Day rolled around. Though I made a breakfast of green, sort of clover-shaped pancakes for my husband to celebrate the day, I decided to eat my usual cereal instead and some leftover decaf coffee--which I promptly threw up. I hadn't barfed the entire first trimester other than one brief night of stomach weakness during our Texas trip. However, since that morning, my stomach has been off and on: occasionally nauseous again, occasionally tight feeling. The next weekend I felt sick to my stomach all day Saturday. Then I started to get better only to throw up again just last night. Sorry, not fun to picture, but the reality of pregnancy must be documented.

Still, let's focus on the good news. A couple weeks ago Hubby decided to institute what we call "Baby Bonding Time" where he spends a few minutes at the end of the day talking to our son, usually with hands on my belly in hopes of feeling him move. Sometimes he'll tease about how silly Baby's mom is. Sometimes he'll end the conversation like a voicemail: "Okay, talk to you later, love you, bye!" But starting a few days ago, he decided that each night he would read a page to Baby from the book that I got him for his birthday. It's a special time where he gets to practice his children's book-reading skills (as a former library story time reader, I'm so proud) and I get to hope Baby kicks for him when he reaches his hand out at the end for a "fist bump."


The other good thing that happened recently was an opportunity to prep for our upcoming maternity photo shoot. We stopped by the mall to pick outfits for Baby's first Build-a-Bear that we're going to document via photo shoot next Sunday! The staff is so excited for the idea, and all permissions have been obtained. In the meantime, I'm learning about makeup to wear for the shoot from my awesome friends, and looking forward to seeing Baby even sooner--with an ultrasound boutique visit on Friday!

Between bonding, bears, fist bumps, and boutiques, the barfing part doesn't seem quite as bad after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans and Letting Go

Hashtag Mom Life

Week of Firsts