Bigger Updates!

Graph of baby's heartbeat and my contractions!
I can't feel them yet, but something is progressing!

Well, unless something changes last minute, this might be my last post before I officially become the mom I've always wanted to be. At my appointment this morning (now two days past my due date), my doctor recommended inducing before I go too far. He gave me a choice of course--we could continue to wait for Baby to come naturally, but if he takes too long to arrive there are risks that could go up. Luckily, according to the doctor, my cervix is "favorable" and so my risk of c-section during an induction at this stage is about the same as if I went into labor naturally. I'm already either slightly less or right around 3 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced, which is good news for induction because they're not trying to start labor from scratch (inducing while you're closed up and thick is a lot harder than when you're already opening up and thinning). In fact, it turns out I've been having some small contractions already--they showed up on the ticker tape graph at my appointment, and something had to cause my cervix to dilate 3 centimeters!

Too much information? Let me just skip ahead to the most exciting part: we'll be heading to the hospital Thursday morning (just two days away) to start labor! Hubby and I discussed it and decided we would be okay with induction, and now we're just excited and nervous that we know for sure we're meeting Baby before the end of the week!

There will, of course, be plenty of posts here (and pictures!) after Baby is born (and I've had time to recover). For now, all I can say is, it's almost time! Stay tuned....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans and Letting Go

Hashtag Mom Life

Week of Firsts