The Countdown Begins

Baby 1 had an absolutely wonderful Christmas visiting with both my husband's family on Christmas Eve and my family on Christmas Day. His favorite gifts included an alphabet set of little acorns that pop open with animals matching the letters inside, and a Google Nest mini speaker (which he fell asleep with on Christmas night). Afterward, I told my husband we need a new advent calendar to count down the days to Baby 2!

We haven't even made it to Monday's doctor appointment because my OB-GYN called me on Thursday, December 23 (on his personal cell phone!) to say that he got the information from the high risk ultrasound doctor and that he would be calling the hospital to try to schedule a C-section before the hospitals got too busy for the holidays. After a brief waiting period he called back and said he was able to get early morning on Thursday, December 30. 7:30am C-section. Arrival time of 5:30am. Earlier was better because I wouldn't have to fast before the surgery for too long, and it also meant I'd hopefully spend fewer nights in the hospital. He was hoping to get me home before the New Year's holiday if at all possible. I was just hoping to get home to Baby 1 as soon as possible so I wouldn't have to spend too many nights away from my firstborn son.

We'll still get one more ultrasound scan on Monday to see how Baby 2 is doing, but if nothing changes, we know our exact date of birth. Which is now 4 days away!

Car seat is installed, newborn laundry is being washed as we speak, and we have plans to set up the bassinet tonight while Baby 1 does a practice sleepover with my in-laws in preparation for his sleepover while I'm in the hospital. We've taken milk bath photos of my belly and a 36-week picture that may be our last until Baby 2 comes out at 37 weeks, and there may be just a few final photos to go as we wrap up the year.

What's left? Final items into the hospital bag, sending a few preparatory emails to my work, maybe get an oil change and a haircut and one last trip as a family of three to get our favorite cinnamon rolls since it may be a while before we can do family outings again. And little things I keep thinking of like paying my January 1st bills and car registration. And everything else I'm probably forgetting about now.

I'm not freaking out, are you freaking out??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans and Letting Go

Hashtag Mom Life

Week of Firsts