Tiny Kicks

 
Actual footage of Baby's leg at the 20-week ultrasound.
His foot measured 1.4 inches long. That's gotta pack some power!

After feeling flutters since around Christmas, I've been waiting to feel the one thing everyone always talks about: baby kicks.

Now that I've been pregnant long enough to determine the difference between baby movement and gas, I can pretty much tell when the baby is somersaulting in my belly and when he's actually kicking (or possibly punching). Unfortunately, Hubby had yet to feel any of it. The past few days I would often announce to him that the baby was moving, and he'd immediately come over to place his hand on my belly.

"Baby? You have anything to say to Daddy?" he'd asked. But no response. At least, none that he could sense from the outside.

But on the night of January 31, 2019 I was crawling into bed to go to sleep. Baby hadn't moved much in the past couple of days, and I was trying not to worry. Of course, I'd heard it was pretty normal to have tons of fetal activity followed by periods of quiet (Baby could be sleeping or it might still be too early in the pregnancy for even me to feel everything). Still, I was relieved to suddenly feel a flurry of movement that night--especially those stronger maybe kicking sensations--as I lay down nice and still at the end of the day.

I called my husband over as usual, and he crawled into bed next to me with hands out to hold my belly.

Nothing.

And then suddenly: "I felt it!"

On the last day of January, Hubby at last felt baby for the first time!

I look forward to when the kicks get even stronger (even if it means keeping me awake or beating up my bladder) so Hubby and others can feel my baby as much as I do.

Maybe we'll have a little soccer star on our hands!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans and Letting Go

Hashtag Mom Life

Week of Firsts